Saturday, March 19, 2011

LENT Week 3

Sunday, March 20
  Treasures in Heaven   Matthew 6: 19-24
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
  Do Not Worry   Matthew 6:25-34
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself."

Monday, March 21
  Judging Others    Matthew 7: 1-6
"Do not judge or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured."
  Ask, Seek, Knock   Matthew 7: 7-12
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Tuesday, March 22
  Rest for the Weary    Matthew 11: 25-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Wednesday, March 23
  Jesus and Beelzebub   Luke 11; 14-28
"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters." "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Thursday, March 24
  Warnings and Encouragements   Luke 12: 1-12
"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don't be afraid you are worth more than many sparrows."

Friday, March 25
  Jesus Calms the Storm   Matthew 8: 23-27
"You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the wind and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Saturday, March 26
  Lord of the Sabbath   Matthew 12: 1-14
"I tell you that one greater than the temple is here.  If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.  For the Son of Man is the Lord of Sabbath."

No comments:

Post a Comment