Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares

Every year, I buy an extra can of pureed pumpkin, so I can whip up this recipe whenever I have a craving for it.

2 cups GF flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sugar (I measure out my sucanet and then grind into fine powder in my vitamix)
1 large egg
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
12 oz chocolate chips (preferably homemade)

Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, xanthan gum and baking soda and set aside.  Cream together sugar and butter.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Add pumpkin puree.  Mix in dry ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Place in 9x13 foil lined pan.  Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees (until edges pull away.)


I have halved this recipe successfully by using an 8 inch square pan and simply halfing everything, but still using a whole egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment