Monday, September 13, 2010

Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls

Okay, so these are far from being healthy, but when made with unrefined sugars and some coconut oil, it is a little better than most recipes :) I am not too thrilled with the amount of cornstarch in it, but I am fearful to mess with it, as it is the most yummiest GF cinnamon roll recipe ever.

1 tablespoon yeast
2/3 cup warm milk (we use diluted coconut milk)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup rice or sorghum or almond flour
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup oat flour (I just buy oats and grind them up in my Vitamix)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons xanthan gum

Combine milk, yeast and sugar and let sit 5 minutes. Combine this mixture with butter, oil and vanilla. Mix in egg well. In small bowl combine remaining ingredients and slowly combine dry ingredients into wet. Let rise 1 hour (I usually cover it up and place it in my cool oven). Roll between well floured wax paper (add enough flour to where the mixture is no longer sticky) to 13 x 9 and 1/4 inch thick. Spread 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle with as much cinnamon sugar (1 Tablespoon cinnamon and 3/4 cup brown sugar)as desired. Roll up the long way and cut to 1 - 1 1/2 inch thickness. Place in greased pie dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes.

GLAZE: 3/4 cup powdered sugar (I grind up my unrefined sugar in my Vitamix)
1 teaspoon vanilla
less than 1/8 cup milk (full strength coconut milk is super yummy!)
mix and pour over cooked cinnamon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment