Friday, March 12, 2010

Ethan Sky's Birthday

What a celebration we had during our first week living in Hawaii!!! Ethan woke up on Sunday, February 28th to balloons everywhere. We knew the boys were awake with Caleb's squeals of "balloooooooons." Ethan chose to have GF danish pastries for breakfast. My first batch for Joshua's b-day turned out much better. I don't know what I did wrong this time????? They were still enjoyed by all though. Our first stop for the day was to church. We tried out a Lutheran church that is just a 1/2 mile away from us. Lets just say that that was NOT the highlight of our day. Our search for a church home will continue!!!! After church, we headed into town, about a 40 minute trip. We ate lunch at Bubba Gumps, in which Joshua got us a table outside right by the water. Ethan absolutely loved it. We had the servers sing happy b-day to Ethan, and he was a little embarrassed I think:) We went to Target to use some of Ethan's gift cards. He is so used to just going to stores and playing with the toys, that he didn't even care about picking some out to take home. So I think I will head into town some other time and just pick out some toys for him:) We did buy a tadpole aquarium for him,which I am kind of nervous about. I don't want frogs escaping into my home and I don't really want to clean up frog poop. We headed out to the beach after shopping. Joshua found a really nice beach, that has lots of sand and you can wade quite far out into the ocean and still have water just below your waist. I got to see a whale blow for the first time in a long time. They say we should be able to see them until the end of March. Ethan and Caleb had fun on a body board and just playing in the sand. They had sand in every crevice of their body. The salt air was so awesome for the boys. Ethan's nose just ran like crazy and they coughed lots of junk up. Usually with CF, there mucus is so thick that it takes a crane to get all that stuff out. Joshua decorated the birthday cake you see in the picture. And yes that is speed racer as a surfer. It is the only figurine we have, as of yet. I think Joshua has a lot of fun decorating cakes. We have definitely found his second calling, if this flying thing fails. Ethan did say he missed having his friends and family around for his birthday. But I think we did a great job at making it very special for him!!!

1 comment:

  1. The thank you was lovely. Your mom helped with Madelines yard sale on Saturday and we raised enough for her and Lauren (as a chaperone) to go to Catalina Island for Marine Camp. Your mom was more than helpful, as always. I am blessed to have her for a friend.

    I am so happy that you are getting settled in and that there is so much to explore for you and your family. I am also happy that the environment seems to really be good for the boys.

    On a side note, raw cashews soaked over night in water (I did it in the refrigerator for 2 days) then puree in your vita mix. Use it as cream in recipes. I made Cream of Mushroom Soup with it. It was delicious. It would be high in Calories and good fats for the boys. I was reading some vegan recipes when I found that tip. It is really helpful if you end up going dairy free.

    Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete