Friday, October 1, 2010

Finding a "healthy" sugar alternative PART TWO

Please read PART ONE first, to understand why we are looking for alternatives.

Okay, lets just get down to the nitty gritty. First, to the stuff that would probably be best left untouched for our entire life :) In all my research I have been doing about healthy living, the best advice I could give, is to get down to the most natural form of food or cleaning products that you can. That being said, I will simply list the NO-NO's and link to sites if you want more information.

If you read PART ONE, you know that refined sugar is most definitely on my NO-NO list. Along with that is brown sugar, as it has been refined all the way down to white sugar and then some of the molasses previously removed is added in after processing.


High Fructose Corn Syrup - not good for the heart, liver, pancreas or bones

Here are the artificial sugars, I hear the most about, sorry if I missed a few.

Nurtasweet - Equal - Apartame

Sweet'N Low - Saccharin - make sure you read the second page

Splenda - Sucralose - oh my goodness, this one has some very scary info!!!

Please let me know if I missed anything and I will add to this list....NOW...to PART THREE, where we talk about our options from here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment