Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heavenly Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker

I am pretty sure I found this recipe on the internet not all that long ago, but now I cannot find it, to give the blogger credit:(  They actually titled it chicken fried pork chops, but my hubby says, they are definitely not chicken fried.  They are, by far, the most tender pork chops I have ever had and have such great flavor!!!

1/2 cup GF or wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
6 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
2 tablespoons oil
10.75 ounces cream of chicken (gluten free/dairy free)
1/3 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon worcestershire (gluten free)
1/2 cup chopped onions (optional)
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)

Combine flour, salt and garlic powder.  Coat the pork chops with the flour mixture.  Brown pork chops in oil just for a few minutes in a skillet.  Place pork chops in slow cooker.  Combine cream of chicken soup, chicken stock and worcestershire and pour over pork chops.  Top with optional onions and mushrooms.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.
You can take the sauce and make it into gravy and pour over the pork chops and of course some mashed potatoes :)

1 comment:

  1. A woman who uses the words "heaven" and "pork chops" in the same sentence is definitely a woman of my own heart.

    I'll definitely be trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete