Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gluten Free Breaded Chicken -- Updated

This is a good week!!! I have had some very good successes in the kitchen and can add a few more good recipes to our Gluten Free menu. I feel extremely successful with this recipe because not only did I just throw some things together, but I also used stuff that I would have just thrown away. I had lots of crumbs left over from our corn tortilla chips and some heals that the boys won't eat from their high fat gluten free bread. Hubby is excited to try adding a coconut flavor..perhaps by adding shredded coconut to the breading mix, using coconut oil to fry it in and adding coconut milk to the egg mixture.
Breading Mix
1 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
NOW HERE ARE THE SECRETS
Coat your chicken pieces with the breading mix first and then dip them into eggs. Heat up some oil in a pan on medium. Place the chicken in the heated oil. Fry on one side for about 1 minute or until golden brown and then flip over and let fry for another minute or so. Now I tried two different steps here and both worked GREAT. You can either at this point place the chicken in the oven on 350 degrees and let cook until done, maybe 10-15 minutes or you can place a lid on your pan and turn the heat down to low and cook until doe. I would think cooking it in the oven would be a little less fattening, as it is no longer soaking up the oil.....

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Thank you Melissa for sharing this wonderful recipe! Can't wait to show my mom!

    I love your blog - you are an inspiration to me =)

    God Bless!!!!
    Aline

    ReplyDelete